Negaunee Kitchen Fire Totals House

A house in Negaunee is a total loss after a fire there this evening.

Just before 5:30 pm, police and fire crews responded to a fire at 129 Iroquois street.

A deep fryer started a grease fire in the kitchen, and the flames quickly spread throughout the entire house.

The fire caused extensive smoke and heat damage to the interior of the home.

Everyone inside made it out safely.

The Negaunee Police, the Negaunee Fire Department, Marquette County Rescue and Bell EMS all responded to the scene.