Residents at the Schoolcraft County Medical Care Facility in Manistque had to evacuate part of the building early this morning.
Manistique Public Safety says they got a call from the building at 3:30 am.
Fire alarms were going off in the building’s northeast quadrant.
Smoke was present, and staff members were evacuating residents from that area.
A compressor motor in an air conditioning unit on the roof had overheated.
The smoke dissipated once the motor was cooled down.
Crews also ventilated the affected area and cleared the scene in less than an hour.
No one was hurt.
Posted by: Mike Hoey