Marquette County United Way Campaign

A successful year for the 2011–2012 Marquette County United Way campaign has just ended, and sights are now set for the next campaign.

The United Way of Marquette County had a goal of $425,000 this time around.

They exceeded that goal, with contributions of $427,000 made so far.

It’s the first time in several years the goal has been met.

But Sue Minckler of the United Way says the campaign is still accepting donations because their member agencies have a need for extra funding.

She says if they’re able to push the total to $600,000, the member agencies would definitely be able to use the money.

10% of the United Way campaign proceeds came from individuals; the other 90% came from workplace donations.

The greatest increase in workplace donations was from Lake Superior Hospice, up by 144% from last year.

UPS also had 100% employee participation.

The United Way is the nation’s largest non–government funding source for human services.

The 30 Marquette County nonprofit groups it supports range from Child and Family Services to those that work with disabled and elderly residents.

Posted by: Mike Hoey