Fire Destroys Palmer Barn

A barn which was the primary residence of a Marquette County man was destroyed by fire this morning.

Richmond Township and Negaunee Township fire crews were dispatched to the structure fire in the Palmer area just before 9:30 this morning.

Darrel St. Aubin will get some financial and housing help from the Pigs-N-Heat fire relief fund.

No injuries were reported, but the building was a total loss.

Nearly 18,000 gallons of water was used to put out the blaze.

Firefighters were on scene for about three hours.

The barn was St. Aubin’s home, and he was not present when the fire started.

His brother Ken lives nearby.

Ken says the blaze may have been caused by an electrical connection.

He says that a pickup truck was connected to a battery charger plugged into the building and that the fire started about ten minutes after Darrel left the property.

An investigation into the fire is continuing.

Posted by: Mike Hoey