USDA Forestland Management Plan Money

If you own forestland in the U.P., you can get federal money to create a forest management plan for your property.

The money comes from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Landowners can apply to the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service for financial help.

The money would be used to have a professional forester develop a management plan for you.

The payout can range from about $700 for properties under 50 acres to about $4,200 dollars for properties larger than 600 acres.

The USDA says you can contact either the Marquette or Alger Conservation District for more information.