Weekend Electrocution Victim Dies

The employee of an Iron Mountain company accidentally electrocuted over the weekend has died from his injuries.

28-year-old Michael Rhode of Coleman, Wisconsin died this morning at St. Mary’s Burn Center in Milwaukee.

Shortly before noon Central time Saturday, he was working on a power line in Florence, Wisconsin.

Rhode accidentally contacted the line.

It sent 69,000 volts of electricity through his body and caused an outage in the Florence area.

A resident found Rhode still conscious, dangling by his harness from a transmission tower nearly 40 feet in the air.

He died shortly before 5 Central time this morning.

The American Transmission Company owns the line Rhode was working on.

They, the federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration and the Sheriff’s Department are all investigating.

Tagged with