The Upper Peninsula Sports Concussion Summit, which will be held Friday, April 29, is designed to present key issues in sports related concussion including a discussion forum on implications for practice in the clinical and sideline settings.The summit will enhance knowledge of participants related to concussion and draw together key leaders in establishing dialog and standards on concussive treatment.
This educational opportunity is intended for physicians, nurses, therapists, athletic trainers, EMS and athletic directors who work with concussed athletes, on athletic sidelines or in athletics decision-making.
The summit objectives are to:
* identify key issues in sports concussion
* define standards of care in treatment of concussion
* identify tools in evaluation of sports concussion
* discuss interdisciplinary team approach to concussion
* participate in discussion forum to relate how standards apply regionally in Upper Peninsula
The summit is being held at the UpFront & Company Restaurant in Marquette, Mich.
Cost for the conference is $90, which includes light breakfast and lunch. Marquette General Health System and Northern Michigan University employees may attend for a discounted rate of $50. Students may attend for a discounted rate of $25. Registration is limited and must be received by April 22.