An Appleton, Wisconsin man is burned in a propane gas explosion in Iron River Township this morning.
State Police from the Iron River Post say it happened on Brule Lake Road shortly before 6 Central time this morning.
86-year-old Edward Heinz was trying to re–light a water heater in his cottage when he suffered extensive burns in the explosion.
He was taken to Northstar Health System in Iron River.
The explosion is believed to have been caused by an accumulation of propane.
The West Iron County Fire Department and Northstar Ambulance helped out at the scene.
The incident is still under investigation.