Student removed from school for gun threat

Student removed from school for gun threat

UPDATE; 5:37 pm —

The 16-year-old boy removed from school Monday morning for making a gun threat against other students has been turned over to Gogebic County Probate Court.

Wakefield-Marenisco superintendent Cathy Shamion says the district takes all threats seriously, and she says they notified police this morning as soon as they learned about this particular threat.

Shamion says the threat appears to have been made over the weekend, and she says the student did not have any weapons on him when police removed him.

Police say two Wakefield-Marenisco students were suspended last week for bullying, and they say the threat targeted those two students as retaliation for the bullying incident.

A high school student in the western U.P. has been removed from school for making a gun-related threat on Facebook against other students.

Michigan State Police from the Wakefield Post say it’s a 16-year-old boy at the Wakefield-Marenisco School.

They say they removed him from the school grounds at about 7 am Central time, just as he was arriving for the day.

He never entered the school building, and he did not have any weapons.

We’ll have more about this on ABC 10 News Now tonight at 5:30.

Tagged with