MARQUETTE — The beginning of January is the time of year when new year resolutions are in full swing.
This year, AAA Michigan is urging motorists to commit to important road resolutions that can help impact traffic safety across the state of Michigan.
“Toward Zero Deaths” is a highway safety strategy to increase safety and reduce traffic fatalities.
As apart of this effort, Michiganders are encouraged to consider the Top Ten Road Resolutions.
Some of the resolutions include, resolve to buckle up, resolve to drive safe and sober, and resolve to drive distraction free.
Below is a list of AAA Michigan Top Ten Road Resolutions:
- Resolve to buckle up
- Resolve to drive safe and sober
- Resolve to drive distraction-free
- Resolve to slow down and obey posted safety limits
- Resolve to use signals and headlights properly
- Resolve to look out for motorcycles, bicyclists and pedestrians
- Resolve to drive with a relaxed, positive attitude
- Resolve to be a good role model for the next generation of drivers
- Resolve to do your part to help Michigan toward zero traffic deaths
- Resolve to move over for emergency vehicles.