Marquette Township laundromat fire

Marquette Township laundromat fire

A laundromat in Marquette Township is open for business after a fire this morning.

It took place at Ma and Pa’s Laundry on US–41. There’s no word on when the fire started, but one of the owners of the business says that when she arrived for work shortly before 9:00 a.m., she smelled smoke. No flames were showing.

She says one of the laundromat’s dryer units caught fire because too much lint had built up inside it. The owners tried to contain the fire themselves, but when they couldn’t, they called 911.

No one was hurt, and only the dryer unit where the fire started was damaged.

Tagged with