NEGAUNEE TOWNSHIP — Multiple fire crews were dispatched this afternoon to a residence on a report of a chimney fire.
Just after 2:00 p.m., the Negaunee Township fire department responded to the fire, located on North Road. There was smoke coming from the chimney when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters were seen working on the chimney and roof of the house. The Negaunee City Fire Department was called in to assist at the scene.
There’s no word yet of any injuries related to the fire. We will pass along more information as it becomes available.