Fire investigation complete in Ishpeming

There is new information about a fire at the Shopko store in Ishpeming that happened Friday night.

The Ishpeming Fire Department says there was a small electrical fire in a rooftop heating unit of the store.  Firefighters climbed on top of the roof and cut power to the heating unit.

The fire was already out by the time the firefighters were on the roof.

The fire department was called to Shopko after a call about smoke coming from an office in the back of the store.  There was no damage to the building, but the heating unit needs to be replaced.

Tagged with