Fire damages garage in Gladstone

Fire damages garage in Gladstone

A fire caused moderate damage to a garage in Gladstone Tuesday afternoon.

Gladstone Public Safety says the fire happened around 3:16 p.m. on 214 Wisconsin Avenue.  Firefighters were called to the home after a report of heavy smoke coming from a detached garage.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire that was contained to the inside of the garage.  Several personal items were damaged from the flames, heat, and smoke.

The cause of the fire is believed to have started after embers from debris had been inadvertently placed inside a box, and the box was later put inside the garage.

Firefighters were on scene for about 45 minutes, and no injuries were reported.