As a freshman UC Rep, I helped provide hot food at Brain Break, new printers for freshman dorms, laundry for Matthews Hall, and bystander intervention training for student group leaders. I don’t have all the answers, but I do have some ideas about how we could make everyday student life at Harvard a little bit better for everyone.
1. Provide OSAPR bystander intervention training to more student group leaders.
2. Provide rape kits through HUHS.
3. Make course materials more affordable by putting more books on reserve and eventually expanding the Start-Up Grant program to include upperclassmen on financial aid.
4. Launch the Freshman Enrichment Program for First-Gen freshmen.
5. Support Club 1636 & collaborative open parties like Rush Hour, and work to add more large social spaces in the Houses in the long term.