Join 18+ area organizations to celebrate our Earth Day Expo at this FREE event! Enjoy demonstrations and hands-on activities for all ages in our brick lobby from 10am – 2pm. Beginning at 2pm the American Chemical Society- Midland Section will host the Chemistry of Crisis: What Happened to Flint’s Water?.
Featuring Professor Susan Masten Ph.D., P.E. Civil and Environmental Engineering of Michigan State University.
Enjoy demonstrations and hands-on activities for all ages including:
* Planting & collecting seeds to start your ecofriendly garden
* Find out about packing peanuts & fun facts about how insulation works with ACS
* Discover what indoor plants keep your home’s air fresh with the Midland County Master Gardeners
* Learn about energy conservation with Consumers Energy.
* Make your own button with the EPA
* Craft up a Clan Necklace with the Ziibiwing Center,
* Create a bug from recycled materials & enter it in the Peanut Gallery’s James & the Giant Peach Contest!
* Sample a coffee that is roasted on sight… and much more!
Midland Center for the Arts
American Chemical Society-Midland Section
Chippewa Nature Center
Mid-Mitten Wild Ones
Mid-Michigan Monarchs Field Study
The Little Forks Conservancy
MCFTA Peanut Gallery
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
The Legacy Center for Community Success
Coffee Roasting Principles with Angelo Cassar
Midland County Master Gardeners
CMU Student Chapter of American Meteorological Society
County of Midland Department of Public Health
Square Roots LLC.
Uncle Bill’s Bees
Leon P. Martuch Chapter of Trout Unlimited
Iris Waste diversion Specialists