Emergency crews respond to kitchen grease fire at local restaurant

Emergency crews respond to kitchen grease fire at local restaurant

MARQUETTE — A grease fire was reported at the Great Hunan Restaurant in Marquette around 8:00 p.m. Before crews from the Marquette fire department arrived, the kitchen fire escalated to a small structure fire.

The restaurant’s kitchen had significant smoke damage. The building was evacuated and at this time there are no reports of injuries. We’ll have more on this story tonight with Katlin Connin at 11 p.m. during your late news.