Discarded cigarette blamed for garage fire

Discarded cigarette blamed for garage fire

GLADSTONE — A discarded cigarette is being blamed for a garage fire that took place Friday afternoon.

Just after 4:00 p.m., Gladstone Public Safety was dispatched to 524 Michigan Avenue on the report of a garage fire. Upon their arrival, officers found flames coming from the garage.

The fire was put out in a matter of minutes. No injuries were reported.

The Escanaba Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.