Attic fire in Manistique

Attic fire in Manistique

Manistique Public Safety Officers and Manistique Volunteer Firefighters responded to an attic fire Wednesday night.

The fire happened at 7:43 p.m. on 102 South Fifth Street in Manistique.  The Manistique Department of Public Safety said the fire started in an electrical junction box in the attic of a one story house.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 15 minutes, but remained on scene for an hour.  The home had minor fire and water damage.  The damage was confined mostly to the attic.

There were no injuries reported.

The Sault Tribe Police and the Schoolcraft Chapter of the American Red Cross also assisted at the scene.