Firefighters put out garage fire

Firefighters put out garage fire

GLADSTONE — A garage was heavily damaged after it caught fire in Gladstone late last night.

Gladstone Public Safety reports that officers and firefighters were sent to the 400 block of Wisconsin Avenue shortly after 11:00 a.m.When they arrived, they found the garage to be fully engulfed in flames, with the roof collapsing shortly after arrival.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze within the garage. They remained on scene for around three hours extinguishing hot spots.